Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21 Photo of the Day: Prague


Hradčany at night – Prague, Czech Republic © 2014 Peter Marble

September 15, 2013 – During our 23-day trip we travelled about every other day, so I opted not to pack a tripod.

On the evening of our third day in Prague I was determined to get a night shot of the Castle District from Most Legií (Bridge of the Legions).

By resting my camera on the concrete bridge railing and using the self-timer on my D7000, I managed to get a few acceptable shots.

I set the timer to activate the shutter five seconds after I pressed the shutter release. This allowed the vibration produced by pressing the shutter to settle down before exposing the first shot. I also set the timer to expose three shots in a row, with a two-second delay between each.

No comments:

Post a Comment